We prepare Wills and Trusts for our clients, to help them:
- Ensure that, at death, individuals of their choosing receive the estate
- Appoint a suitable person to oversee the estate (the “personal representative” or “executor”)
- Provide for the needs of spouses, partners and children
- Appoint a suitable guardian for a minor or disabled child or family member
- Ensure proper management of a child’s or disabled person’s inheritance through the appointment of a trustee
- Minimize estate, gift, and income taxes
- Preserve the estate against nursing home and long-term care expenses
- Ensure that a disabled family member can enjoy an inheritance while maintaining public benefits such as MaineCare (Maine Medicaid) and SSI, through the establishment of a Special Needs Trust:
- Advise clients regarding appropriate beneficiary designation on retirement plans and life insurance
- Ensure efficient and orderly administration of the estate, including, if appropriate, avoiding probate.
Learn more about our will and trust services by contacting us today.