Maine Elder Law: Help with Medicare, Mainecare, and Elderly Health Care
As we age, legal problems may emerge. Health benefit programs (such as MaineCare/Maine Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare supplemental insurance and long-term care insurance), with layers of regulation, require complex paperwork. Long term care, especially nursing home care, may deplete life savings.
The need to plan for death or incapacity through Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney and Advance Health Care Directives becomes more pressing. Levey, Wagley & Putman can help you and your loved ones with all of your elder law needs. We serve older people, people with disabilities, family caregivers, and families with disabled children, disabled spouses, or other disabled relatives.
Our goal is to help older people and families:
- Preserve homes, farms, camps and savings against nursing home expenses and taxes
- Remain financially secure
- Remain independent for as long as possible
- Access health and long term care
- Reduce estate taxes and income taxes
- Obtain insurance and public benefits, including MaineCare (Maine Medicaid), Medicare, Medicare supplemental insurance and long term care insurance
- Protect spouses, disabled children and others
- Plan for proper management of their affairs in the event of incapacity or death.
How We Help
We offer assistance in the following areas:
- Help with MaineCare eligibility (the Maine Medicaid program), Medicare, long term care
- Insurance and Medicare supplemental insurance in the state of Maine
- Long term care insurance comparisons and advice
- Estate planning
- Durable Powers of Attorney, Advance Health Care Directives and Living Wills
- Wills and Trusts
- Probate and trust administration
- Special Needs Trusts
- Guardianship and conservatorship
- Representation in financial exploitation and elder abuse cases
- Advice on home care, assisted living, senior housing and nursing homes in the state of Maine
- Grandparenting and grandparent visitation
- Divorce and separation in older age
- Advice for people in second marriages (including prenuptial agreements)
- Transfers of real estate to family members
- Mediation of disputes affecting elderly people, such as contested guardianship.
For more information on our services, our fees, or to schedule an appointment, please contact us today.