Real estate law touches the life of almost every Maine family. The purchase
or sale of a home or business is for many of us one of the single most important events, which brings us to an attorney’s office. We need and trust our attorneys to provide the right guidance and assistance in this important area of our lives.
Our Real Estate Department
Our real estate department consists of attorney Michael J. Levey (member of the Maine State Bar Association Title Standards Committee), paralegal Diane Poulin (with more than 25 years as an abstractor and closer), paralegal Karen Laney (with us since 2011) and paralegal Michael Susan Brown (with us since 2001).
Our Real Estate Law Services
- Negotiating and writing purchase and sale agreements for buyers and sellers of homes, apartments, and businesses
- Resolving disputes by negotiation, settlement, court trial or mediation, between buyers and sellers, or between neighbors in boundary line disputes
- Searching titles to inform buyers and lenders whether there is “clear, marketable and/or insurable” title to real estate that is being purchased or financed
- Preparing deeds
- Assisting in the transfer of family real estate which may occur as part of estate planning
- Issuing title insurance to owners and lenders who wish to have their title insured against claims concerning the title
- Conducting closings: the event at which the buyer and seller complete the transfer of ownership, when the bank lends money on the property, or when an owner refinances.
For more information on our services, our fees, or to schedule an appointment, please contact us today.